Your First Caribbean Sailing Vacation
Bucket List: Sail to a Private Caribbean Island with my Special Someone and Enjoy All the Spoils of a Breathtaking and Indescribably Beautiful Paradise.
Sound familiar? But have never sailed or have very limited sailing experience? Sail NOLA has developed an intensive three lesson Caribbean Charter Course and has teamed with Dream Yacht Charter to make your sailing dream a reality.
What to Expect From the Sail NOLA Caribbean Charter Course
The Sail NOLA three lesson Caribbean Charter Course is designed for two people, with little or no sailing experience, who are interested in their first sailboat charter in the beautiful British Virgin Islands. Other sailing destinations are also available through Dream Yacht Charter.
The three lesson Caribbean Charter Course is $850 for two people or $1100 for four people and $250 for each additional lesson. The course fee includes a Sail NOLA t-shirt for each sailor, a Sailing Log Book, The Cruising Guide to the Virgin Islands, and the ASA Bareboat Cruising Made Easy textbook.
Captain Frank Jones will prepare you for your British Virgin Islands sailboat charter with Dream Yacht Charter. Typically Dream Yacht Charter will provide a "checkout" captain to orient first time charterers.
During the Caribbean Charter Course
- Students will acquire essential sailing skills to skipper our 36 ft Hunter Legend Ocean Cruiser "Float On"
- Students will learn essential Caribbean anchor and mooring techniques
- Heave-to as a heavy weather and man-over-board maneuver will be practiced each lesson
- A BVI cruising itinerary will be developed based upon the sailors skills and interests
- Navigation techniques will be explained in detail and potential courses plotted on BVI nautical charts
- Captain Frank Jones will provide practical advice on planning your first Caribbean sailboat charter experience
A Caribbean Charter Course Registration Form with all pricing options will open using the link below.
Why the British Virgin Islands for Your First Sailboat Charter?
The BVIs are easily the best sailing destination in the Caribbean, and arguably one of the best in the world. Warm weather year round, consistent trade winds, and line of sight sailing make the BVIs a sailors paradise. The BVIs are made up of over 60 islands and cays, mostly unspoiled, with fabulous white sand beaches, plentiful marine life, crystal clear waters, and a relaxed island vibe. The BVIs truly offer something for everyone. Whether you are looking to escape it all, in the privacy of your own secluded beach, or join the exhilarating escapades of other charterers. The BVIs are the place to which cruising sailors the world over make pilgrimages by the hundreds, year after year.